The Chocolate Factory

ABOUT US

Since it was founded in 1967, the Chocolaterie de Puyricard has established itself as a major player and undisputed market leader in the world of hand-made chocolate. Never seduced by the lure of mechanisation, the Chocolaterie de Puyricard boasts a wealth of expertise and creativity and is driven by a genuine passion for high-quality workmanship and the finest raw materials. This is why it was the first food company to be awarded the Entreprise du Patrimoine Vivant (Living Heritage Company) label in 2005.

With a network of 20 shops throughout its home region of Province, and others in Toulouse and Paris, the Chocolaterie de Puyricard never ceases to demonstrate its passion for “hand-crafted chocolate” and the emotions it conjures up.

OUR VALUES

Over the years, the Chocolaterie de Puyricard has gone from strength to strength, without ever compromising its founding principles - Family, Craftsmanship and Expertise.

Family has been the Chocolaterie de Puyricard’s cornerstone since 1967. Originally founded by Marie-Anne and Jean-Guy ROELANDTS, it passed into the hands of their son Tanguy, who now works to keep the business growing and build on the traditional craftsmanship passed down to him by his parents. And this family spirit even extends to the names of the chocolates, which bear the forenames of the members of the ROELANDTS family and of the company’s employees. A concrete example of the big Chocolaterie de Puyricard family.

Craftsmanship is the very essence of our business. Therefore, every chocolate produced in our workshops is entirely hand-made - and no industrial processes are involved. So, come and visit our manufacturing workshops and see it for yourself.

The Chocolaterie de Puyricard’s expertise stems from its determination to work only with fresh, natural products which are carefully selected for their flavour and quality (“Red Label” products produced using sustainable farming methods). Furthermore, the Maison Puyricard has never taken the easy option, refusing to store its chocolate at temperatures below zero (freezing), as this has a detrimental effect on flavour.

All these values make up the Chocolaterie de Puyricard’s DNA and are reflected in every chocolate produced here. We believe that our commitment to these founding principles will enable us to remain at the forefront of pleasure and “healthy eating”.

FACTS AND FIGURES

All Chocolaterie de Puyricard chocolates are made by hand. This represents 200,000 hours’ work - or 1 hour 25 minutes’ work per kilo of chocolate or, more precisely, 1 minute 10 seconds per chocolate... and by coincidence, it also takes 10 seconds to eat one and the taste remains in your mouth for 1 minute!

We produce 90% of our Christmas chocolates in December. The remaining 10%, that is chocolates which have a long shelf life, such as mendiants or liqueurs, are made in November. We produce 2,200 kilos of confectionery every day, always ensuring the same commitment to quality.

To live up to the traditional methods for which the Chocolaterie de Puyricard is famous, we pull out all the stops in terms of management and production to serve customers in our 20 shops and on our online sales sites.

Thanks to our production team and additional seasonal staff, we can guarantee our clients perfectly fresh chocolates.


PUYRICARD is a seasonal business which generates almost 45% of its revenue in the month of December.

OUR SOCIAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL COMMITMENTS

We have incorporated an environmental responsibility strategy into our production process.

Our business is located in a wooded park and is energy-efficient. We have treated our wastewater and sorted our waste for a long time.

And where raw materials are concerned, the Chocolaterie de Puyricard has always prioritised lasting business relationships. Especially those with cocoa-producing countries. It has supported most of its suppliers (predominantly family businesses and craftspeople) for decades. It also supports organisations which run aid programmes for growers in cocoa-producing countries in its drive to establish a sustainable and responsible economy with its partners.

Every year, Tanguy ROELANDTS makes a number of journeys to meet producers and get a better insight into the problems they face. This gives him an opportunity to introduce them to chocolate. Although they grow the cocoa beans, very few of them have ever had the chance to taste or even see chocolate. These trips reflect a great determination on Tanguy ROELANDT’s part to ensure that these relationships continue in the long term and guarantee the supply of high quality cocoa beans to work with in the future.